Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Great Moments in Sleep Deprivation History

I had gotten up at 3:30 AM to go to work got off at 3:00 PM and had to be at class by 4:00PM. I had not slept very good the night before so I was hurting. That is no excise for what happened on this day, just giving you some background. Class had just gotten out and it was just me and the brothers. We all hung out for awhile and I thought about bringing in some of those black and white cookies from Seinfeld for me and the fellas to celebrate our new color blind group. Then tragedy struck. I was leaving and Bernard reached out for a fist bump, but instead he received a hearty fist shake for Whitey McCrackerson. We both looked down in horror at my hand wrapped around his fist and were both so shocked we just stared for a few seconds. After that, we both just silently backed away and left. Things were never the same after that, I'm sad to say. To his day I really study the hand being offered to me for any suspicious activity. Oh sure I went through a phase where I fist bumped everyone who came near me, but it didn't make me feel better. To this day, I think that single incident is the reason A&M has not let me graduate.

No comments: